Geometry Art

Today I did the geometry art activity. First I checked out the examples, the geometry art looked pretty simple at first but for me it didn’t really go as I expected. First I read the instructions and had to look up some shapes since I didn’t recognise some of them.  I started off with the shapes then I did the parallel lines and some perpendicular lines. I’ve made some mistakes while drawing everything but the good thing is that I was using a pencil.

Some of my biggest mistakes were when I was coloring everything in like the picture I didn’t notice one big thing, that very other color except black wasn’t next to each other and I colored some shapes the same color next to each other but I just did that for some of the small shapes.                                                             

My favourite part about doing the art is when I got to color it in because it kinda made it look better and if I could change anything from my art is to make the shapes bigger and closer to each other. It took me a while to do this, I even took breaks while coloring in and the worst part of coloring in is the smell of the markers.

Mine

So what do you think of my art?

Example from the art

2 thoughts on “Geometry Art

1. Hi Nika,

It’s Emma here again, a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey.

This task looks like a lot of fun! I have seen geometric art before but never thought about how it was created until now. There is a lot of maths involved to get to the end result! You should be very proud of your art work, you have matched the colours very well and made a visually stunning piece of art.

Do you think you will give this task another go, maybe with a different piece of geometric art to follow, or perhaps come up with your own design? After seeing this activity I think I might have to give it a go myself, maybe I will find some paints to use to avoid the strong smell of the markers! Do you have any tips from your experience that could help me when I am doing it?

Thanks for sharing an awesome piece of art Nika.

Emma – SLJ

2. Kia ora Nika,

Manar here from the Summer Learning Journey Team.

Awesome work! I think you have done an amazing job, regardless of the challenges you faced whilst completing it, it came out really good! I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed this activity and bringing it to life with bright colours. This abstract geometry art is awesome, are you going to give the step it up part of this activity a go? Looking forward to your next blogpost!

Keep up the great work!
    Manar Mahmoud (SLJ)